Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life Change

So I have never done a new years resolution where I really wanted to do something. And I didn't start this year. I did make a commitment that will change my life. After some talks and getting some friends to join with me - I have decided to do the Avon 2 Day Breast Cancer walk. It is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done physically. The walk is from Keystone, CO to Breckenridge, CO. 1st day is 26.9 miles and the second day is 13.1 miles.
There is no way I can just show up in June and do this - so there will be lots of training. I start a 20 week training schedule Feb. 1st. I am excited and scared - but mostly ready! My weight always goes up and down but more then anything I just want to be fit. I know this is going to push me - and I am doing it with friends so there is no backing out.
To push me even more - I am organizing the Biggest Loser contest at work! It also starts Feb. 1st - talk about pressure. Again this is something I am not doing alone so that will push me even more.
Here is to a more healthy and fun year to come!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

You can do it! I'm so proud of you for signing up for this. Go Nicole!!

Shawna Barlette said...

You go girl! This is a fabulous commitment, and I wish you many successes along the way.