Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Sure There Is a Name For It

We discovered this past week that our little Hailey has an irrational fear. We took all the decorations off of the tree and Larry held it while I unscrewed it at the bottom. At this point Hailey started crying?? When Larry pulled the tree out of the stand it turned into full blown screaming and shaking?? Larry's thought was that Hailey thought the tree was eating her mommy - we kind of laughed and moved on.
Then I took down the little tree we have upstairs which is fake - same thing. When I pulled the tree up - again she started to shriek!
Hailey is afraid of Taking Down Christmas Trees??

1 comment:

Angie said...

I had a friend once who's daughter freaked when they carved the pumpkin. Maybe it's something similar? The fear of happy holiday destruction? I say take it down when she's asleep next year.