Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Love You Miss Hannigan!

Here is the conversation I heard last night while Larry was giving the girls a bath:

Ashley: Miss Flanigan tells all the kids to shut up
Larry: She does?? Why does she do that??
Ashley: Because she is a mean lady
Larry: She's mean? Does she do anything else? Why did she tell you to shut up?
Ashley: She is not my best friend
Larry: Did she tell you to shut up today?

A little background to why I thought this was funny. My favorite movie in the whole world is Annie! Larry does not like it because there is singing, and of course he has never even tried to watch it. This past weekend it was on sale so Larry bought it for me, and Ashley Loves it!! As we all know the lady running the orphanage is Miss Hannigan (or Flanigan as Ashley states). All Ashley was doing was talking about the movie and Larry thought she was talking about one of her teachers at school. By the time I got into the bathroom Larry was ready to call up the school and freak out! For some reason he didn't see the humor in it that I did - especially by the time I stopped laughing to really explain it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Annie and it is exactly what I thought about when I started reading this story!! I have told everyone I know...this is hysterical. Tell Larry he has no clue what he is missing....there is a whole world of wonderful "singing" movies out there!! You should have let him call the school....now THAT would have been funny!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.