Monday, May 5, 2008

1 Binky down - 1 To Go

Both of my girls were comfort suckers from the minute they were born. So binky's are always in reach. We toyed with the idea of working Ashley away from them before Hailey was born - but it was that or potty training - we went with the potty training. I actually worked it out after Hailey was born that she could only have them at night - which was a hard transition but she did it.

Last week she went to bed one night and she was so worried about how many animals and Barbie's and books were in bed with her - that she totally forgot to ask for her binky - Score!!! I took this and ran with it. She has been proud that she can show she is 2 with her fingers so I used that and told her that when you are 2 you aren't supposed to have binkys.

A week later we are going strong - only a few nights of whimpering for her bink - and now she doesn't even ask. Yahoo!!

It's funny that I can feel so accomplished by this one thing - it is totally her accomplishment - but I feel like I was a co-pilot in it all.

No comments: