Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spring/Summer


I LOVE Spring and Summer - ok, I love all seasons at some point. But I definitely love when I am able to go out and plant all of my flowers, trim my roses, and of course start my garden. I really have a true passion for growing my own garden and being able to go pull something out and set it on the dinner table! Of course when we moved into to our new house I have had to start completely over - I greatly missed my garden last year and was very sad not to see all of my tulips pop up - but on to bigger and better things. I am happy to report that my wonderful husband has made sure my spots for the garden in the retaining wall were all set up just in time. Yes the poor guy had to carry buckets of dirt up the hill - but he did a great job. I have planted tomatoes - all kinds - big, small, yellow, red - hopefully we will get some before Ashley picks all of them and eats them. I planted 6 of them so hopefully it will be enough. I have peppers, artichokes, eggplant, cucumber, cilantro, radish's, and lettuce - and of course lot's of strawberries. Yahoo!!

For Mother's Day this year I was very spoiled. We went to Lowe's and I got to pick all sorts of new flowers for all of my pots out front and back. It was great!! We also picked up 2 new rose bushes that are doing wonderful!! A really nice white rose with red edges - and a new purple rose bush! I have found a new favorite flower - unfortunately I don't know what the name of it is so I will have to do some research - picture attached for anyone who might know!

And I can't post without adding some pictures of the girls. It has been a rough couple of weeks again. Hailey had an ear infection, Ashley had a small case of croup. Then we had to take Ashley to the ER and she had a beginning case of pneumonia and Hailey caught a cold. I am happy to report that they both are doing better all though Hailey's front top tooth still hasn't popped thru!

No comments: