Friday, March 13, 2009

Dance Class!!



We finally found a dance class for Ashley. Every time I have looked into something the classes for her age are in the middle of the day on a weekday. The other thing I found is there are a lot of competitive groups out there - at 3 years old!! I just want her to be able to go and have fun, later if she wants to be more serious then we can look into it - but at 3??? So anyway we found a little class for her on Tuesday nights. The studio is nothing fancy by any means and in fact I was a little nervous that maybe I should put her in one of those fancy competitive places when we first arrived. However I was put at ease when the class actually started. There are only 2 other little girls her age and then there is an older girl that leads the girls around. The owner is VERY old but has been a dancer all her life, she has a teacher's aide that shows the girls what to do. Ashley loved it! I was impressed of what they actually go thru. They do the pre-ballet work on the bar, do rhythm, right and left, numbers, balance and a ton of little songs with movement. Ashley looked super cute in her little leotard and felt very special! The funniest part was when they were in line to do the balance, the little girl behind her was messing around - Ashley turned around and told her to "Pay Attention!" She had a blast and didn't want to leave - of course she tried to keep her outfit on for most of the night too!


* just a note - I did try to get Hailey into one picture with Ashley - she wouldn't have it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous does she look!! I started at 3 and stopped when I was 16...it was the best thing my parents could have done for me. It gave me confidence way beyond the dance room and it's now a part of my soul!! I hope she sticks with it and tell Ashley that the costumes are the best part!! LOL